I made both of these bags out of the same pattern. The green bag came first and I really wasn't impressed with the pattern. The pleats on the front of the bag were not spaced properly on the pattern and I had to add an additional pleat to make it work.
I did some additional stitching, but other than that, (and the added pleat) the green bag went pretty much according to the pattern.
I took a break from sewing for about a week and then started up on the red bag. I ended up just making one pleat on each side, which turned out to be a lot easier. I also shortened the handles. It turns out I didn't follow the pattern correctly on the green bag. Oops. I also made different sizes of pockets on the inside.
I have another one of this style of bag cut out and three more bags of a different style ready to be sewn. I hope to get a lot more done before Christmas.