Monday, October 31, 2011

New Bags

 I have made a couple of new bags in the last couple of weeks with my, ahem, free time.  Jeremy was out of town for the last week and I made myself sit down and do some projects during nap time just to keep my sanity.  I also really wanted to get my sewing supplies cleaned up and out of the dining room.


 I made both of these bags out of the same pattern.  The green bag came first and I really wasn't impressed with the pattern.  The pleats on the front of the bag were not spaced properly on the pattern and I had to add an additional pleat to make it work. 


I did some additional stitching, but other than that, (and the added pleat) the green bag went pretty much according to the pattern.


I took a break from sewing for about a week and then started up on the red bag.  I ended up just making one pleat on each side, which turned out to be a lot easier.  I also shortened the handles.  It turns out I didn't follow the pattern correctly on the green bag.  Oops.  I also made different sizes of pockets on the inside.



 

I have another one of this style of bag cut out and three more bags of  a different style ready to be sewn. I hope to get a lot more done before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment