Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Thanks Kirby



Thanks for being the reason I love the Twins.

Thanks for showing a 13 year old what true sportsmanship is.

Thanks for making every game exciting. Even if the Twins were losing, there was still a chance if Kirby was going to be batting.

Thanks for giving me a number to put on the back of my soccer jersey.

Thanks for the smiles.

Thanks for making that catch.

Thanks for hitting that homerun.

As a grown-up I don't understand the stories I heard about you after the Twins. I don't know if you were unfairly accused, or if you just didn't know how to handle your fame. I choose to remember the good things you did and how you positively influenced my life. As a 13 year old you and the Twins provided one of the most exciting things I could have imagined. You provided hours of positive entertainment.

Thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment