Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not much to post about lately

This week has been busy with everyday life. There are some blogs that I visit that always have fun, inspirational posts every day. (Here is one such blog) I think I need to start making a list of topics to post about. It probably all boils down to the fact that I need to get more organized.

One fun note for my out-of-town readers is the fact that the Minnesota State Fair started today. Jeremy and I aren't that crazy about the fair. No reason really, we just don't do the fair. However, I love how 100% Minnesota it is. Where else would you have this?

(photo courtesy of Wikipedia)

That's right folks, Princess Kay of the Milky Way gets revealed at the Fair and she gets her head sculpted in butter. (the above photo is from 2005. I couldn't find a photo of 2008's winner because it might not be done yet. They mentioned on the news that it was in-process) Love it!

I haven't been creative for a long time, so tonight I think I have some time and I'm going to lock myself in the craft room and try to get some stuff done. Hopefully I'll have some fun posts soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi.
    I found your blog throug suziebeezieland.
    I had to comment on the butter statue. Every year at the Ohio State Fair there is a butter cow (and then some theme sculptures).
    Here's a link from '05 http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/storage/paper333/news/2005/08/11/Campus/Butter.Cow.Is.Udderly.Popular-966584.shtml
    cracks me up how similar the midwest states are. :)

    ReplyDelete