Sunday, August 03, 2008

A to Z Produce

On Tuesday night of our vacation we all got in the car and travelled to Stockholm. (WI) There was this crazy pizza place called A to Z Produce that Grandma had been to and she said that it was just great. We didn't really know what to think of it because she said that you had to bring your own chairs or blankets and beverages and you ate on the lawn in the farmer's yard. She said it was only open on Tuesdays from 5:00-8:00 and you have to take your trash with you when you leave. There were no signs for the place and the only indication of the festivities was the posting on the barn. We pulled up to see this charming farm where many people were gathering.


The concept is that you walk up and order the pizza that you want from the menu (we ordered 7 of them) and then you can pick the pizza up in about 15 minutes. That is literally how long it took for our 7 pizzas...15 minutes! Let me tell you, this is some of the best pizza I've ever tasted!! All of the ingredients are fresh from the farm.

We ate all of the pizza in about 5 minutes. I don't know if all of us were hungry from being outside all day or what, but that pizza was gone in record time!

There was another family that we knew also eating there so we stood around them and sang the Johnny Apple Seed Song with a little modification:
Oh the Lord's been good to me
So I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need
The sun and the rain
And the Pizza too
The Lord's been good to me
Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen...AAA-Men
We walked around the farm a bit and saw some of the herb gardens. I'm not sure if these are the actual herbs that go into the pizza or not, but I thought it was a good photo opportunity.


This is the parting shot of their big lawn where everyone was still eating. I hope we get to go back again sometime.

11 comments:

  1. How awesome!!!!! What a fun time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool. That is so fantastic and fun. I have never heard of such a thing.
    =) melanie
    www.melaniescrafts.etsy.com
    www.melaniescrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! I wish there was a place like that where I live. The corn looked so delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics! That pizza sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Grandma knew best! The fresh pizza sounds wonderful and it looked like so much fun. Thank for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm... i can almost taste that pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  7. please mail me that pizza! It looks so good!! (hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got 7 pizza in 15 minutes? What service! They look so good too.

    Gorgeous photos. You have a beautiful blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:24 PM

    Oh that looks like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pizza sounds wonderful! I'm surprised you only ordered 7. Do they sell produce also? Just sounds like they might.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great blog YOU have....what fun you have...(=

    thanks for your kind comments !!

    xoxxo

    bunnie

    ReplyDelete