Sunday, January 11, 2009

Two days in a row?

That's right, I'm posting two days in a row! I thought I would post some of the projects that I have been working on. It isn't anything too exciting, but I like to document my projects. It is kind of fun to be able to go back and look at what you have done in the past and see how your style has changed.

In case anyone is wondering, I have posted all of these in my Etsy shop!!


I started out making these tags just from scraps. The funny thing is that most of the time when I do this I love the finished product from those little scraps even more than the finish product that created the scraps! I think it is because you really do have to be creative in the ways that you use the scraps.




I have created these hand-stitched cards before, but I really did like the way they turned out, so I decided to make them again. I'm not pleased with the white balance of these photos, but you get the picture!



I *think* I found this photo at an antique store in Omaha (either that or on ebay). This little girl is so cute and I was looking for the perfect paper for the longest time. I think this paper is from My Mind's Eye. I got it at Hobby Lobby and the flowers are from the Target Dollar Spot.



I have also made this card before. My aunt Carol bought it from me when I was first starting my Etsy shop. She was such an encouragement to me because she bought a ton of cards the first week I was open! It made me believe I might be able to do this thing!


These tags are also made from some scraps and I don't really love them as much as the above tags. I didn't feel very creative making them because I just stole an earlier idea that I had from the Friendly Flower card.



Finally, I have also made this card before and it sold out, so I made it again with a slight variation of the center brad on the flower. I love the bright colors on this card.



Thanks for looking my latest cards and tags! I feel a little silly by adding the commentary... Thanks so much for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. I think your work is absolutely adorable and beautiful. Keep it up! See you on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, those tags are sooo cute! I will go and visit your shop now. Oh, thanks for stopping by at my blog and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tags are sooo cute. Thanks for stopping by at my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the scraps. Really causes you to use your creativity. And I love the "thanks" card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all your things!!! wow! adding you to my faves for sure! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many cute things.
    thanks for visiting my bloggity, i really appreciate it.

    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for visiting my blog and the lovely compliments :) i really like the ways you use scraps...the red flower tags are pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:25 PM

    supe, super cute stuff! love it! I'm off to see your shop now!

    ReplyDelete