Monday, February 04, 2008

Weekend Activities

This last weekend was a busy one!

I guess Friday night was low-key. We went to work out and then came home and watched tv until bedtime. It was a nice night.

Saturday we went to Jeremy's grandma's house in Cannon Falls to help clean out one of her bedrooms. Jeremy's sister Katie is going to be coming home from California to live with her. It was fun to hang out with his family. His mom, aunt and grandma and I had fun going through vintage clothes and fabric.

Here are some of the things that I got to take home. I can't wait to start creating some great stuff with all of this stuff! Above is a stack of the fabric and aprons that I got.

This is a small piece of a quilt that had long ago been ripped apart for another project. This piece is about a foot long. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but I thought it was so beautiful that I couldn't pass it up! It lookes like the whole thing was done by hand. I can't imagine how many hours it took to make a large quilt like this. I made a quilt when I was in 7th or 8th grade and it seemed to take forever! I did hand quilt it, but I just did a very simple block that wasn't very elaborate. I would love to know if this fabric was taken from old garments or flour sacks.

This is just a glimpse of a small apron that I got. It is really wrinkled and it needs to be washed. There are a couple of small rips, but I still think it is so sweet. I think I might hang it up somewhere in my kitchen.


I also got some fun old books; a Christmas book with songs and poems, "Self Instructor to Elocution" and "The Popular Ettequite Book." They will look great on the bookshelves in the living room.
We had an yummy meal of chili and homemade bread after we were done working. Carol and John got a bread machine for Christmas and they made an awesome, HUGE loaf of wheat bread. They had the machine do all of the mixing and rising and then they baked it in the oven. They said that their secret ingredient is oatmeal. I guess it makes it really moist??? It has really gotten me in the mood to make some homemade bread! I think I might ask my mom if I can borrow her bread machine to experiment. If anyone knows of any terrific recipes, please let me know!

Yesterday we went to church and after that Esther came over for lunch. Jeremy made us pancakes and bacon! Later we went to Sara and Eric's house for the SuperBowl. I brought homemade salsa and guacamole with chips and Sara had made tons of chicken wings with all different flavors of sauce. None of us were too into the game, but it gave us a good excuse to hang out.

As I read over this post it looks like all we did this weekend! I guess it was a good weekend. :)

I hope everyone has a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment