Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Last of the NYC Photos!

It is past my bedtime right now, so I'm just going to post some of the rest photos from NYC and if you want, you can take a look at the rest over on my Flickr site.

We walked through China Town and hit Little Italy and there was this crazy, crazy street fair going on called The Feast of San Genarro. There were HUNDREDS of food vendors and games. Every stereotype of Italian people was magnified at this festival. For example, at the end of the street there was a group of musicians that started playing the theme from the Godfather and a woman yelled out, "This is why I come home!!" It was really over the top. Loved it! We walked through two times and both times we were really full so we didn't get any food, but after looking through these photos again I really wish we would have gotten a little bit of something!

(This photo got 21 views by the time I got out of the uploader. That is a lot for me! It must have been on the front page of Flickr)




I think my most favorite part about the whole trip was Central Park. We were just there for a little while right before we had to get on our plane, but it was great to be able to see green after being on the streets the whole weekend. It is so beautiful!






We hit Times Square when it was dark. It was a Friday night and there were people everywhere! It was really fun to see all of the lights and be with all of the people. It was hard to get pictures of the two of us together. This one is really stupid, but there were so many people that it was impossible to stop someone to take our picture.

Right before we left we ran into another fun street fair. There were lots of people selling the typical NCY goods: pashminas, t-shirts and of course bags. The photo below was a refreshing booth where they were selling spices. It was nice to see that it was really busy! There was one woman who was selling her own hand screen printed clothing which was really cool, but it was a little bit too expensive for me. I wished that there were more booths with handmade items.



1 comment: