Tuesday, October 07, 2008

New York Photos, Part 3

Wow, I have a lot of pictures from our 4 day trip! I think I have enough photos for a couple more posts.

After we arrived in Brooklyn we left our bags at the hotel because it was too early to check in and we walked around town. We intended to only grab something to eat and then go back to the hotel to take a little break, but we ended up walking all over and we didn't actually get back to the hotel until about 9:00p.m.

This first photo is from the promenade looking to Manhattan. We walked all along there and to and over the Brooklyn Bridge. (I already posted all of those photos)



This was a wreath placed in remembrance to the terrorist attacks. It says, "September 11, Broken Sky"

We walked over the bridge and to Ground Zero. We saw the site and we also walked through St. Paul's Chapel which was really touching.


We headed to Wall Street. It was Friday after 5:00 and things were pretty dead. I took a couple of pictures, but they were kind of boring so I'm not posting them.

These are some crazy spikes on a fence near a church.

We took the free Staten Island Ferry and I got these pictures of Manhattan from the water. The sun was setting and it was really beautiful.









The next morning after having our lattes and french pastries we took the subway to Rockefeller Center. I had read on many different websites that instead of going up to the top of the Empire State Building the "Top of the Rock" offers a much better view and there aren't as many lines. I would have to agree that the view is BEAUTIFUL! There is glass all the way around the observation deck and there are no obstructions.








That's all I have for now. More photos to come! I hope to get them all posted soon and then start posting some more projects.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously Becca, you should enter these in some sort of contest, they are amazing! Looks like you had a great time. Jeremy and I look forward to trips like that after the kids are out of the house! :)
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:48 PM

    Looks like you had a great trip. Some lovely photos here.

    ReplyDelete