Monday, January 21, 2008

No Work Today!

I have the day off because of MLK Day. I had grand plans of getting up early, going to work out, doing some housework, grocery shopping, etc., but I have pretty much been lazy the whole morning and now it is afternoon and I feel like I have been surfing the Internet all morning!

Yesterday we spent the whole day at my sister's house. I helped her set up her new blog Creative Coupons. This woman is amazing! She can pay basically nothing for all of her food and household items. Some of the time she walks out of the store with them owing her money! She is starting a blog with tips and hints to help all of us save money too. Most of the deals that she finds are for stores in our areas, but if you are not from our area you can still get some ideas on how she does it and apply those tips to stores in your area. I'm going to be adding her link to my sidebar for others to access.

Here are a couple of projects that I did a couple of months back. I'm just getting around to posting them now.

I actually submitted this "Friends" card and I left the "n" out of it, so it said "Frieds." Hmmm, I wonder why it wasn't picked up??! I couldn't believe I did that. Oh well. Fixed now. I have to admit that it actually looked better without the "n." It wasn't so squished!


Paper: My Mind's Eye
Chipboard Flower: Deluxe Designs
Chipboard Letters: Target Dollar Spot
Stickers: Basic Grey
Rhinestone Brad: Creating Keepsakes
Flower Punch: EK Success

I don't think I saved this photo at high enough resolution, but you get the idea! I love this shadow box and it never sold at our boutique. I guess I get to keep it!



Shadow Box: Hallmark (made for graduation tassles!)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye,
Cardstock: Die Cuts With a View
Chipboard Flower: Joann's Scrap Essentials
Paint: Joann's
Rhinestone Brad: Creating Keepsakes
Embroidery Floss: DMC
Brad: Joann's Scrap Essentials
Metal Tag: Making Memories
Buttons: Misc. from my stash

I hope everyone has a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment