Saturday, January 19, 2008

Weekend Update

Last night Jeremy and I went to Cannon Falls to see his grandma. We took her out to eat at McArthur's which is the restaurant at Gopher Hills Golf Course. His Grandma and Grandpa used to own the farm land where the golf course now sits. It is very beautiful! All three of us ordered the all-you-can eat Friday night fish fry! Yum! After our meal we went back to her house and compared photos from the cruises we had been on recently. Grandma had some great photos! I can't decide which was my favorite...the one where she is on top of a mounted saddle pretending that she is riding a bull, or the one where she is snoozing on the balcony after eating breakfast brought to her by room service. It looked like she had a good time.

This morning Jeremy and I met his brother and sister-in-law for brunch at Denny's I have not been to Denny's in years and I don't think I have any desire to go back again for years. That's all I'll say about that. From the big meal last night and brunch this morning, I don't think I will be wanting anything more to eat for awhile!

Tomorrow I'm sure we will be watching the football playoffs with much anticipation. Being from Wisconsin, Jeremy is a huge Packers fan. I think I might be slowly moving to the dark side. After all, they are WAY better than the Vikings.

I'm posting two of the cards I made this last week. I also have some more projects that I have been working on that are not quite completed. I hope to be posting those soon.

This card was made for the Scrapbook Trends call for wedding cards. It was just a quick one I threw together with some scraps. They didn't seem to want it, so I will now be able to use it for myself! I'm never able to keep cards on hand for occasions when I really need them. I probably make more cards than anyone I know, but I never have the ones that I really need on hand! This one might go in my "keeper" drawer.


Materials Used:
Cardstock: Neenah Paper
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Tag:Avery
Ink: Rubber Stampede
Punch: EK Success
Sticker: Making Memories

This card turned out to be a little more formal and not as much fun as I wanted it to be. You can barely see the rhinestones on the embossed stamp. I really wanted to break out the adhesive mirrors that I got about a year ago and I couldn't think of anything else to do with them at the time. I only used one and I still have two whole packs left. I'm going to see if I can come up with another idea because this cards is just not very fun.

Materials used:
Cardstock: Neenah Paper
Patterned Paper: SEI, Paper Pizzaz, Me & My Big Ideas, Die Cuts With a View
Stamp: Heidi Grace
Pigment Ink Pad: Creative Beginnings
Embossing Power: Stampendous!
Heat Gun: Darice
Sequins: Joann's
Mirror: Creating Keepsakes
Rubon: Making Memories

I hope everyone stays warm (the high here today isn't supposed to get above 0 degrees!) and has a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment