Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Revelation

This revelation comes via my mother-in-law Kristi. This is the email (forward?) that she sent out yesterday:

I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, "Press here to lock end". Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran warp roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I'm sharing this with my friends that did not know this. If you all ready know this, delete this message and don't e-mail me and make me feel dumber than I already feel. If you didn't know this, e-mail me and let me know so I won't feel so dumb.


I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

Kristi sent this out to MANY people and it has been fun to see the responses from all the ladies. I never knew that these wonderful tabs existed, so I decided to take some photos to commemorate this occasion!




As the email pointed out, even the generic foil has the tabs. They are a little harder to push in than the "Glad Wrap" name brand, but they still work!



As Cathy found out, the wax paper and the parchment paper do NOT have these tabs. I think we need to write to the companies!




Anyway, as most of you can tell it has been a boring week in blogland. I hope someone found this post helpful...or just amusing.

I'll have more projects to post soon!! I just need to get some stuff photographed and then I will put them in the store.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment